Monday, April 11, 2011

Blogs I read

A friend recently asked me to share some of the blogs I read.  I have a nice Google Reader setup with several RSS subscriptions.  I usually scan the headlines and read posts that stick out to me.  There are some blogs, however, that I read every post from. 

Usually the reason is that I actually know the person in real life and therefore care what they write.  Other times it’s because I’ve found what they write to be useful and/or interesting enough to start reading.  Anyway – I’ll share a few of the blogs that are currently in my RSS feed:

  • I Will Teach You To Be Rich – Despite the title it’s a great blog by a really sharp guy.  The posts have a lot to do with personal finance but Ramit Sethi (the author) focuses a lot on psychology and behavior as well.  Usually really interesting and/or useful stuff.
  • Matt Maiocco’s 49ers Blog – Not your typical sports reporter – Maiocco has top notch stuff on the 49ers and he’s the only beat writer I make it a point to read.
  • Lifehacker – Several posts daily relating to all kinds of things that could make your life easier.
  • Art of Manliness – Just what it sounds like.  Interesting articles that profile particular men, deal with skills associated with men, etc.  Useful for women too, of course.
  • Consumerism Commentary – Personal Finance.
  • Cake, Batter, and Bowl – Cooking/baking/recipes.
  • Get Rich Slowly – Frugality, saving/investing, etc.
  • GTD Times – Official blog of “Getting Things Done” guru David Allen.
  • You Are Not So Smart – A blog about the foibles of our brains.

I also read pretty much every post from the blogs I have linked on my right sidebar – the blogs of friends of mine.

I would love to check out any recommendations you have for me on blogs you think I should be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment