Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcome to the new blog, not quite the same as the old blog

I’ve been inspired by the recent regular blogging of some friends and decided to get into the regular discipline of blogging myself.  After deciding to do that, I took a look at the blog I’ve used on and off since 2002.  Despite its long history it didn’t feel quite right to revive it.  So I’ve made a break.  There’s a lot of good stuff over there and you’re free to go visit it to peruse my ageless pearls of wisdom and refinement.  But I’m doing something new here.

The toughest part of getting started was figuring out what sort of title to give the blog.  I wanted the title to incorporate elements of what I’d post on and give the blog some sense of a theme.  As I thought about the different things I’d post on I realized I’d either have a ridiculously long list separated by commas, an obnoxious quote, or something else to try to capture the fact that the only thing these posts will have in common is that they will matter to me.

I did a quick Google search to see if there already was a prominent blog with the title “It Matters to Me” and all I found were several links to the lyrics of a Faith Hill song. 

Let it be known right here that this blog is not named after a Faith Hill song.

The only real thing you can count on from this blog is that what you read will matter to me.  Sometimes the content will be frivolous, other times profound (or at least I’ll give it a shot).  I hope that here you will find something worth your time to read.  I am already drowning in a sea of RSS feeds and the list of blogs I consider a must read is quite small.  I will strive to be worthy of your short list.

No comments:

Post a Comment